Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

Wow! It's been a long time since I've posted an opinion. Lucky you!

This is less of an opinion and more of a vent.

Memorial Day is a day set aside to remember and pay homage to military personnel who lost their lives while in service of their country. It is NOT a day meant for placing cheap grocery store chrysanthemums on every single grave of every single person you know who has died, regardless of the circumstances of said death. This is a big pet peeve of mine. If you want to remember your loved ones who have crossed over, wonderful! They should be remembered. But Memorial Day is for VETERANS who died serving their country, not for Great Aunt Millie who died in her sleep at the age of 116. Nor is it a day for acknowledging our veterans who are still alive (although they definitely deserve our gratitude) - that's what VETERAN'S DAY is for!

Just a pet peeve of mine.

Oh ... and unless I suddenly decide to go off and enlist (they wouldn't want me ... I'm too old and decrepit) and then die in battle, do NOT put mums on my grave or I shall come back and haunt your ass all the rest of your days.

Thanks.

4 comments:

Older Guy said...

How about lillies?

Leisl said...

I love lilies!

Evil Innosence said...

Let the hauntings begin ...... ;) (snicker snicker) but seriously, Love ya cuz

vega lyrae said...

I could not have said it better myself. *hugs*